Authors of 3 DIY 99 Ways books, the Compai Girls are on fire! Check out their video on how to make silk scarves into some very wearable tops!!
Another one of my loves-cheese! The second recipe in my Mexican series is chili con queso (chili with cheese). This is a very yummy appetizer, but it can also be used as a condiment on fajitas and tacos. Another recipe that's easy to make and delicious to eat!
Milk (about 1/2 cup)
Rotel 10 ounce can (original with diced tomatoes and green chiles or you can substitute with the Herdez version)
Velveeta cheese (chop into small cubes)
2 or more diced jalapenos (pickled or fresh)
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
- Using your double boiler fill the bottom pot with water and boil. Keeping away from the heat, skim the top pot of the double boiler with milk (just enough to cover the bottom).
- Add can of rotel and jalapenos. Stir well.
- Add Velveeta and put the pot on top of the double boiler on the heat. Gently stir.
- Once cheese is melted turn heat down to medium low. Then add garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Stir well.
- Keep on low heat stirring occasionally for 30 min.
- Serve warm with your favourite tortilla chips and enjoy!!
Get in there quick before you miss out!
I love food from all parts of the world, but one of my absolute favourite types of food is Mexican! Below is the first of four recipes that I will be posting from my boyfriend's family's secret recipe stash. They are all super delish and easy to make! The first recipe is sangria which is a yummy fruity drink that is normally a summer time staple but who says we can't have some fun on these cold winter days?!
Makes: 6 litres
2 bottles of red wine
1 can frozen lemonade
1 can frozen orange juice
1 cup of brandy
2 bottles of ginger ale
1 lemon thinly sliced into rounds
1 orange thinly sliced into rounds
1 tray of ginger ale ice-cubes
- Pour wine, lemonade, orange juice, brandy, 1 bottle of ginger ale into large canister and stir well.
- Add fruit and then refrigerate until ready to serve (the longer the sangria sits the more the flavours will blend therefore the yummier it will taste).
- Just before serving add the 2nd bottle of ginger ale and the ginger ale ice-cubes. Stir well.
Serve and enjoy!!!
*If you would like a smaller amount of sangria you can just halve the recipe to make about 3 litres.
January 26, 4pm – 7pm
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 32 cookies
1 (7-ounce) package of shredded sweetened coconut
½ cup fat-free sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon coconut extract
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 egg whites
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 ̊F. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Combine the shredded coconut, condensed milk, flour, coconut extract, and vanilla in a box; mix well.
3. With an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites and salt in a large bowl until stiff peak forms (about 3-4 minutes). With a large rubber spatula, gently fold 1/3 of the beaten whites into the coconut mixture just until blended. Repeat 2 more times.
4. Drop the dough by rounded teaspoons onto the baking sheet, 1 inch apart, making 32 cookies. Bake until lightly golden (20-22 minutes). Cool on the baking sheet until the cookies are firm enough to remove from the baking sheet, about 20 minutes. Transfer the cookies with a spatula to racks to cool completely.
*Please note to NEVER double this recipe. I once doubled it thinking more is always more with dessert, but in this case it just equals disaster!
Our version from Banana Republic for $130 (100% cashmere).
Rachel with a grey and purple tone patch pashmina.
Our version from Top Shop for €15 (ladderweave with wide stripe).
Our version by Uzbek for $34.99 (hand painted and hand woven 100% silk)
Are you someone who loves to shop and is always searching for the newest and coolest for your personal and home style? Are you someone who likes to hunt for the best possible deal? Do you enjoy up to the minute fashion news and do you want to dress like your favourite celebrity but don’t have the cash to do so? Are you short on time, but still want to be fit and eat yummy wholesome food? Well Eat Live Shop will cover all of that! Our blog will also include Designer Q&A’s, a DIY section, info about upcoming events and fashion shows, trend alerts, tips on finding your perfect look, inspirational looks off the street and runways, boutique features, contests, giveaways and lots more! Dig in and enjoy every Monday and Thursday! xoxo