I'm always in search of easy and inexpensive DIY projects and this wine rack idea from ReadyMade is no exception!
What You'll Need
- Cardboard mailing tubes (ours were 3 1/2" in diameter x 36")
- Paint (optional)
- Round color-coded stickers (optional)
- Plenty of wine
- Measuring tape
- Hand saw
- Sandpaper (200 grit)
- Paintbrush (optional)
How to Make It
- Measure the space where you want to install the wine rack. If it’s a shelf, make sure it’s strong enough to support all those bottles. (We put ours on a bottom shelf to be safe.)
- Measure and mark your tubes in increments of 9" (just enough to cover most of a wine bottle).
- Cut the tubes along your marks with the hand saw, taking care to keep the cuts even. Sand off any cardboard fragments.
- If you want to paint the tubes, do it now. Make sure they dry completely before continuing.
- Stack your tubes.
- Gather your wine. OCD types may want to come up with their own systems of categorizing bottle caps with color-coded stickers (to parse out which vintages are for everyday drinking and which are special occasion Pinots).
- Raise a toast to your not-so-hard work.